Find a roofer in Gardiner, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most cost-effective solution for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are reliable and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any house.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can always purchase higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the possibility of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential spaces and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a smart choice to get routine inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year for a roof replacement. Since it is a popular time for these services, it can be difficult to book time with a contractor. This means that winter could be a more convenient time for services.
A lot of professionals who specialize in roofing are slow during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather. Summer is kind of like winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be dealing with heat.
Spring can also be good for roof replacements. While there's a chance it can still be wet and partially uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so essential is because it provides security for your home, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that provides protection for the rest of your home. It blocks out severe weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, you could experience leaks in your home, which can lead to other problems.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your property value. Because it’s such an important component of your home, a well-maintained roof demonstrates a great deal of stability. In the circumstance where you are selling, a home buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a solid, steady roof over it.
Lastly, everyone is content with an energy efficient home. It means your utility bills are lower and that your house keeps a consistent temperature.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors near Gardiner, Maine
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management site that helps you find roofing maintenance contractors in Gardiner, Maine. See what experiences other customers have had, talk directly with the roofing replacement contractor you’re interested in, book a service appointment, and pay all from one convenient app.
It's important to have a a structure over your head that you can count on throughout any season. For a secure house with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing maintenance companies through Thumbtack.
Do you need roofing maintenance services? Aside from having leaks or other obvious concerns, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a smart choice.
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are indicative of your roof leaking. A good roofer can fix the issue right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters in addition to examining your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or damaged flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles should be replaced by an expert. Regular maintenance services will help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
It's unnecessary to deal with a dilapidated roof when there are so many licensed roofers ready to help. With our easy-to-use app, you can get quality roofing maintenance services in Gardiner, Maine. Find the right contractor for your home right away.