Find a roofer in Farmingdale, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so important is because it protects your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the defensive barrier for the rest of your house. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, you could have some leaks in your home, and this can lead to other issues.
Your roof also contributes to your curb appeal. Because it’s such an essential part of your property, a roof in good condition shows a reliable property. If you were to sell, a home buyer would be much more excited about your property if it has a strong, durable roof over it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient house delights anyone. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your house maintains a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other factors involved. The average roof for a residence is around 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you need to take into account is the weather report in Farmingdale, ME. Poor weather will put a stop to work and this is going to push out the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement specialist can estimate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are reliable and do a great job of protecting your property in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any home.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the probability of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential properties and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a smart choice to get routine inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors near Farmingdale, ME
Thumbtack is the perfect home management site that helps you connect with roofing maintenance companies in Farmingdale, ME. See what other customers have to say, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance company want to hire, get a quote, and pay all from one convenient app.
Our platform also collects useful data to help you prior to sifting through our database of vetted roofing companies.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing repair or roofing replacement professional, but listed below are some other things to consider about your roof:
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofer to come inspect it.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or damaged flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
No one should deal with a damaged roof when there are so many professional roofers available to assist. With our streamlined app, you can get the best roofing maintenance services in Farmingdale, ME. Find the perfect contractor for your house right away.