Find a roofer in Eliot, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What season is good for roofing services?
Despite what season it is, you can get roofing services. However, fall is the most common time of year for any type of roofing service. Since it is a great time for these services, it can be difficult to book time with a roofer. This is why winter could be an easier time to book.
Many roofers have more down time during the colder months, but you could be dealing with more erratic weather. Summer is sort of like winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a bad time for roofing services. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and rather unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be repaired.
What should I expect to pay per square foot for a roofing contractor's services?
Services for your roof can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the materials and the labor. Needless to say, how expensive it will be will change with the products that are being used for the job.
What's the approximate time required for constructing a replacement roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofing contractor is dependent on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other things involved. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofer can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you need to take into account is the weather forecast in your area. Bad weather will make working conditions less than ideal and this is going to postpone the project. If bad weather is expected to happen during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is another thing that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roofing specialist will be able to come up with a timeline for the project.
What is a good time for booking a roof inspection?
Many roofing professionals suggest biannual inspections for your roof, and the reason why is because routine inspections have been proven to make your roof last longer. Something to think about is, by not having a roofing inspection done, any warranty you have could be voided.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies near Eliot, Maine
When you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Eliot, Maine, there's no better way to go about it. The roofing professionals you'll discover on Thumbtack have the qualifications you’re searching for. You can find the best roofing contractor who takes extra measures in making sure that the finest customer service is provided and that you get total satisfaction on your roofing repairs.
Our app also puts together useful data to help you prior to sifting through our network of qualified roofing contractors.
Routine appointments can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and lets you prolong the lifespan of your roof. How do you know it's necessary to get roofing repair and roofing replacement services? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, including:
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a roofer immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can cause worse issues. Professional roofing repairs will resolve the issue and avoid a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair contractor will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or faulty flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are cracked, curled, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs attention. A roof inspection will identify damaged shingles and provide quality repairs to avoid leaks from doing further damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you a hassle-free solution to hire the best contractors for roofing repair and roofing replacement services. Whether you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is streamlined with our platform.