Find a roofer in Eliot, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also many other things to consider. The average roof for a residence is around 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the weather report in Eliot, Maine. Storms will put a damper on work and this will extend the timeline. If a storm is supposed to happen during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to finish.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement specialist can come up with the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are durable and serve the purpose of protecting your property while being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles do require some attention more often than the more expensive options. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can also get top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential houses and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When your roof is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get routine inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your property, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to come up with an exact amount on how much a roof replacement is going to come out to because there are a few things that will establish the overall cost. Typically, a new roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials used. The price of your roof replacement will be factored by the materials you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be difficult if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing professional can be of assistance. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Eliot, MaineHome // Maine // Eliot
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors near Eliot, Maine
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement site that helps you connect with roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors in Eliot, Maine. See what others have to say, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance company want to hire, get an estimate, and more all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is necessary to keep their property in good condition. It’s best to stay on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
For the most part you'll know when you need to reach out to a roofing maintenance contractor, but listed below are some other aspects to take into account:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of your roof leaking. A good roofer can make repairs as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and needs to be attended to. A roofing repair company can remediate the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters while examining your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and prevent water. Contact a roofing repair company to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles should be replaced by an expert. Regular inspections will also help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with a convenient way to find the right professionals to address your roofing needs. No matter if you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is made easier through our platform.