Find a roofer in Eddington, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are strong and serve the purpose of protecting your property while being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles do require maintenance more often than the more expensive products. They normally have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the probability of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential spaces and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a smart choice to get consistent inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for the rest of your property, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year to get roof replacement services. Since it is a great time for roof replacements, it can be difficult to schedule time with a professional. This is why waiting until winter could be a better time for services.
A lot of professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the winter, but you could have more delays because of severe weather conditions. And summer has the same issue as winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with heat.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roof replacements. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and rather uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a stable roof is because it provides security for your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that provides security for the rest of your property. It blocks out harsh weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, you could experience leaks in your home, which can cause other issues.
Your roof also does so much for your curb appeal. Since it’s such a fundamental component of your property, a roof in good condition demonstrates a reliable property. In the circumstance where you are selling, a buyer would be enthusiastic about your property if it has a solid, stable roof protecting it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient home delights anyone. It means your utility bills are lower and that your home maintains a comfortable temperature.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services in Eddington, Maine
Thumbtack is the perfect home management platform that helps you hire roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors in Eddington, Maine. See what other customers have to say, communicate directly with the roofing replacement company want to hire, schedule an appointment, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Our site also compiles useful data to help you before you start browsing through our database of qualified roofing contractors.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to reach out to a roofing repair or roofing replacement professional, but here are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofer to come check it out.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a contractor immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can cause serious issues. Professional roofing repairs will remediate the issue and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters while examining your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar or roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by a professional. Regular inspections will also help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
Find a contractor who can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair a streamlined process. When you’ve found the right fit, it’s just a matter of requesting a estimate and setting up an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.