Find a roofer in East Waterboro, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof will be based on the size of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things to consider. The average roof for a residential property is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so normally, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into account is the weather report in East Waterboro, ME. Storms will make working conditions awful and this is going to extend the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should think about. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement specialist will be able to come up with the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are durable and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any residential property.
However, asphalt shingles do require maintenance more often than the more expensive materials. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can also get top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential homes and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a wise idea to get regular inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to narrow down how much a new roof is going to come out to since there are a few things that will determine the total cost. Mostly, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the materials used. The cost of your new roof will be determined by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be challenging if your roof is more intricate since you’ll have to account for various angles. Here's how a roofing specialist can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors in East Waterboro, ME
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement site that helps you find roofing maintenance contractors in East Waterboro, ME. See what other customers have to say, communicate directly with the roofing repair contractor you’re interested in, schedule a service appointment, and pay all from one convenient app.
It's important to have a roof you can count on for your house throughout any season. For a secure house with a roof designed to last, you can find the best roofing maintenance contractors through Thumbtack.
Regularly, scheduled inspections can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and lets you prolong the lifespan of your roof. How do you know when you need professional, roofing maintenance services? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, including:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofer to come inspect it.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can end up warping or are bending over time.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters while checking up on your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or damaged flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are ripped, curled, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify damaged shingles and provide timely repairs to avoid leaks from causing further damage.
Find a company that can make your roofing maintenance a streamlined and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the right candidate, then it's just getting your estimate and setting up an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.