Find a roofer in Durham, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
How much will a roofer charge for a roof replacement?
It’s difficult to know exactly how much a new roof is going to cost you because there are a few factors that will establish the overall cost. Typically, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials used. The price of your roof replacement will be determined by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing professional can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
What should I budget for roof repair expenses?
Concerning the condition of your roof, your needs can be sorted into two categories: major or minor repairs. A little bit of maintenance can fall anywhere between $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to handle minor stuff themselves, but if you’re not certain of how to do them or you’re concerned about your safety, then you should leave those minor fixes to the professionals.
Any repairs that are major do require experience and they do cost more. You can anticipate your major repairs being in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
What is the average cost per square foot for roof repair services?
Services for your roof can hover around $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the labor and materials. Needless to say, the cost per square foot will change depending on what materials are being used for the job.
What's the timeframe to build a new roof?
The amount of time it takes for a roofing contractor to do a replacement is dependent on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors to consider. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so usually, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into account is the weather report in Durham, ME. Storms will put a stop to work and this can really delay the project. If a storm is expected to happen during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to finish.
The style of your roof is another factor that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roofing contractor can estimate a timeline for the job.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors in Durham, ME
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Durham, ME. Our streamlined site is easy to navigate, which means you can search through various profiles and easily narrow down your options. We help with the hiring process by providing you access to ratings, pricing information, background, and more. Start your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair company on the app and hire the best professional for your project.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is necessary to keep their property in good condition. It’s best to stay on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
Do you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services? Aside from having leaks or other obvious concerns, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a smart choice.
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you think your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a contractor immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can lead to serious problems. Roofing repairs done by a professional will remediate the problem and avoid a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance specialist will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and stop water. A roofer can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. Roofing maintenance services will identify damaged shingles and provide timely repairs to prevent leaks from causing further damage.
It's unnecessary to deal with a dilapidated roof when there are so many licensed contractors available to assist. With our easy-to-use platform, you can get quality roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Durham, ME. Get the roofing services you need for your home today.