Find a roofer in Cornish, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a stable roof is because it provides security for your property, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the protective barrier for the rest of your home. It defends against severe weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in poor condition, you could get leaks in your home, and this can cause other problems.
Your roof also does a lot for your property value. Because it’s such an essential component of your property, a well-maintained roof shows a reliable property. If you were to sell, a home buyer would be much more excited about your property if it has a strong, stable roof protecting it.
Finally, having an energy efficient house makes anyone happy. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your house maintains a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to think about. The average residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so normally, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the projected weather in your area. Poor weather will put a damper on work and this can really stall the project. If a storm is supposed to take place during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The layout of your roof is an important thing that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist can come up with a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are strong and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any residential property.
However, asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require maintenance more often than the more pricier options. They normally have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to buy higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the possibility of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential houses and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a good idea to get routine inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies near Cornish, ME
You can depend on Thumbtack to make your search for roofing maintenance services easy in Cornish, ME. Our streamlined platform is easy to navigate, so you can search through various profiles and come up with some options. We assist in the vetting process by giving you access to ratings, pricing, background, and more. Start your search for a roofing maintenance contractor on the app and find the best professional for your project.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is necessary so that their property stays in good condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to reach out to a roofing maintenance company, but here are some other aspects to consider about your roof:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are indicative of a leaky roof. A good roofing contractor can fix the issue right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and requires immediate attention. An established roof repair contractor can remediate the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair specialist will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or broken flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs attention. A roof inspection will identify worn-out shingles and provide top-notch repairs to avoid leaks from causing more damage.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with a hassle-free option to find the best companies to address your roofing needs. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the job is streamlined through our platform.