Find a roofer in Columbia Falls, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a quality roof is so essential is because it provides security for your property, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that provides protection for your entire property. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in bad condition, you could have some leaks in your home, which can lead to other issues.
Your roof also contributes to your curb appeal. Because it’s such an important component of your property, a well-maintained roof illustrates a great deal of stability. In a situation where you are selling, a home buyer would be thrilled about your property if it has a solid, durable roof protecting it.
Finally, everyone is content with an energy efficient house. It means your utility bills are lower and that your home keeps a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to consider. The average roof for a house is about 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so generally speaking, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into account is the projected weather in your area. Bad weather will put a halt on work and this will extend the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor can estimate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are strong and do a fantastic job of protecting your property while being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They usually have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to buy higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential spaces and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. If the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a smart idea to get routine inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire property, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
Roofing Maintenance Companies near Columbia Falls, Maine
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management site that helps you hire roofing replacement and roofing repair companies in Columbia Falls, Maine. See what experiences other people have had, talk directly with the roofing maintenance contractor you’re interested in, get an estimate, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Our app also collects useful data to help you before you start browsing through our database of qualified roofing professionals.
Do you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services? With the exception of having leaks or other glaring problems, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a good choice.
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are indicative of a leaky roof. A professional roofer can fix the issue as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can warp or bend over time.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance contractor will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles can help you know if they need to be replaced. If a patch of them are very discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
No one should put up with a dilapidated roof when there are so many licensed contractors ready to help. With our user-friendly app, you can get quality roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Columbia Falls, Maine. Find the perfect contractor for your house now.