Find a roofer in Cape Porpoise, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it protects your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the defensive barrier for your entire property. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, which can lead to other problems.
Your roof also contributes to your curb appeal. Because it’s such an important component of your home, a roof in good condition demonstrates a reliable property. In a situation where you are selling, a buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a solid, stable roof protecting it.
Finally, having an energy efficient home makes anyone happy. It means your utility bills are lower and that your home maintains a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also many other factors to think about. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so usually, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into account is the projected weather in your area. Storms will put a damper on work and this is going to extend the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to complete.
The layout of your roof is another factor that you should think about. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor will be able to approximate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are strong and serve the purpose of protecting your home while being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the possibility of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential spaces and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a smart choice to get consistent inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire home, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors near Cape Porpoise, Maine
You can depend on Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Cape Porpoise, Maine. Our user-friendly app gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can search through various profiles and easily narrow down your options. We facilitate the hiring process by providing you access to ratings, pricing, experience, and more. Start your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair company on the app and hire the right professional for your project.
It's crucial to have a roof you can rely on for your house at any time during the year. For a safe home with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors through Thumbtack.
Routine appointments can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and lets you prolong the life of your roof. So, how do you know it's necessary to get roofing replacement and roofing repair services? You may realize there are certain signs of wear such as:
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get immediate repairs if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can cause worse problems. Professional roofing repairs will remediate the issue and avoid a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Contact a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or broken flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles should be replaced by a professional. Regular inspections will also help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you an easy way to hire the right professionals to address your roofing needs. Whether you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the job is made easier through our app.