Find a roofer in Cape Neddick, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your home while being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any house.
However, asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They normally have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to purchase higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the probability of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential homes and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a wise choice to get regular inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Despite what season it is, you can call a professional for roof replacement services. However, fall is the most common time of year for a roof replacement. But because it is a popular time for a replacement, it can be difficult to schedule time with a professional. This means that waiting later in the year could be a better time to call a contractor.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the colder months, but you could be dealing with more erratic weather conditions. And summer has the same issue as winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roof replacement services. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and slightly unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a quality roof is so important is because it protects your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that offers security for the rest of your home. It defends against harsh weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in bad condition, you could experience leaks in your home, and this can lead to other problems.
Your roof also contributes to your curb appeal. Because it’s such a fundamental part of your home, a well-maintained roof demonstrates a reliable property. If you were to sell, a buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a strong, durable roof protecting it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient house delights anyone. It means your energy bills are lower and that your house keeps a consistent temperature.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors in Cape Neddick, ME
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing maintenance services in Cape Neddick, ME. Our streamlined platform is easy to navigate, which means you can look through dozens of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We assist in the vetting process by providing you access to detailed customer reviews, pricing information, background, and more. Start your search for a roofing maintenance company here on Thumbtack and hire the right candidate for the job.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is needed to keep their property in good condition. It’s best to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
Routine appointments can help you keep up with any damage before it gets worse and lets you prolong the life of your roof. So, how do you know it's necessary to get professional, roofing maintenance services? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, such as:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters while inspecting your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or damaged flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles should be replaced by a professional. Routine inspections will also help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you an easy way to hire the best contractors for roofing maintenance services. Whether you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is made easier through our platform.