Find a roofer in Camden, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most budget friendly materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are strong and serve the purpose of protecting your home while being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any home.
However, asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require maintenance more often than the more expensive products. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to get top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential homes and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. If your roof is around this age, it’s a wise idea to get consistent inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire home, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year to get roof replacement services. Since it is a great time for these services, it can be difficult to book time with a professional. This means that waiting later in the year could be an easier time for services.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing are slow during the colder months, but you could be putting up with more erratic weather. And summer is similar to winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a bad time for roof replacement services. While there's a chance it can still be wet and partially unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so fundamental for you is because it protects your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the protective barrier for the rest of your property. It defends against severe weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, and this can lead to other problems.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your property value. Because it’s such an important part of your home, a well-maintained roof illustrates a great deal of stability. In a situation where you are selling, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a solid, stable roof protecting it.
Finally, everyone is delighted with an energy efficient house. It means your energy bills are lower and that your house keeps a consistent temperature.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Camden, MaineHome // Maine // Camden
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors near Camden, ME
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing maintenance services easy in Camden, ME. Our user-friendly platform gives you all the convenience you need, so you can search through various profiles and easily narrow down your options. We facilitate the vetting process by giving you useful information to in-depth customer reviews, pricing information, years in business, and more. Start your search for a roofing maintenance company here on Thumbtack and find the best candidate for the job.
Our platform also compiles useful data to help you prior to sifting through our network of licensed roofing contractors.
Are you looking for roofing maintenance services? With the exception of leakage or other glaring issues, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a good choice.
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofer to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and needs immediate attention. A roofing repair company can fix the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to let snow and rain flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and prevent water penetration. Contact a roofing maintenance company to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by a professional. Regular inspections will also help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
Hire a contractor who can make your roofing maintenance a streamlined and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the right candidate, then it's just requesting a estimate and booking an appointment to get your roof in order.