Find a roofer in Burnham, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
What is the usual duration to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofing contractor will be based on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors involved. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so on average, a roofer can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into account is the weather forecast in Burnham, Maine. Poor weather will make working conditions unpleasant and this can really delay the project. If a storm is expected to happen during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofer is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roofing contractor will be able to estimate a timeline for the project.
When is the best time to set up a roof inspection?
Many roofers suggest biannual inspections for your roof, and the reason why is because regular inspections are the best things to make your roof last longer. Something to consider is, by not having a roofing inspection done, any warranty you have could be waived.
What should I anticipate to pay a roofing contractor for replacement services?
It’s hard to come up with an exact amount on how much a replacement is going to cost you since there are a few factors that will establish the overall cost. Commonly, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the products used. The price of your roof replacement will be calculated by the products you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be difficult if your roof is more complex since you’ll have to factor in various angles. Here's how a roofing expert can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
What should I estimate for roof repair expenses?
When it comes to the condition of your roof, your needs can be sorted two ways: minor maintenance or major repair. A little bit of maintenance can cost about $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to do the minor stuff themselves, but if you’re unsure of what to do or you’re concerned about your safety, then you should reach out to a professional.
Major repairs do require the attention of a roofer and they are going to cost more. You can anticipate your major roof repairs being in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
Roofing Maintenance Companies in Burnham, Maine
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management site that helps you connect with roofing replacement and roofing repair professionals in Burnham, Maine. See what experiences other customers have had, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance contractor you’re interested in, book a service appointment, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
It's crucial to have a roof you can rely on for your house throughout any season. For a secure home with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing replacement and roofing repair companies through Thumbtack.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing replacement or roofing repair professional, but here are some other aspects to consider about your roof:
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofer to come inspect it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a roofer immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can cause serious issues. Roofing repairs done by a professional will resolve the problem and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to let snow and rain flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or broken flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs an inspection. Roofing maintenance services will identify worn-out shingles and provide timely repairs to prevent leaks from causing more damage.
Find someone who can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair an easy and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the right candidate, then it's just getting your quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.