Find a roofer in Burnham, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a stable roof is so essential is because it protects your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the protective barrier for your entire house. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in poor condition, your home could develop some leaks, and this can lead to other issues.
Your roof also does a lot for your property value. Because it’s such an important component of your property, a roof in good condition illustrates a reliable property. In the circumstance where you are selling, a home buyer would be thrilled about your property if it has a solid, steady roof over it.
Finally, having an energy efficient home makes anyone happy. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your home keeps a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the size of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things involved. The typical roof for a residential property is around 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so normally, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you need to take into account is the projected weather in your area. Storms will put a halt on work and this is going to extend the timeline. If a storm is supposed to take place during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to finish.
The layout of your roof is an important thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor can come up with the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are strong and do a fantastic job of protecting your property while being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential properties and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a wise idea to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services near Burnham, Maine
If you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Burnham, Maine, there's a convenient way to find them. The roofing experts featured on Thumbtack have the skills and qualifications you’re looking for. You can find someone who takes extra measures in making sure that the best customer service is implemented and that you get complete satisfaction on your roofing maintenance.
Our app also puts together useful data to help you before you start sifting through our network of licensed roofing companies.
Regularly, scheduled checkups can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and allows you to extend the life of your roof. So, how can you tell when you need a licensed, roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, including:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get immediate repairs if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can lead to worse issues. Roofing repairs done by a professional will resolve the issue and avoid replacement services.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters while checking up on your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
Find a contractor who can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement an easy process. When you’ve found the company you want, then it's just requesting a quote and booking an appointment to get your roof in order.