Find a roofer in Bryant Pond, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things involved. The average roof for a residence is about 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the weather forecast in your area. Bad weather will put a damper on work and this will extend the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is an important thing that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement specialist can estimate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are strong and serve the purpose of protecting your home in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any home.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They normally have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can also get higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential homes and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. When the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a smart idea to get regular inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to come up with precise amount on how much a roof replacement is going to come out to because there are several things that will determine the total cost. Commonly, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials used. The cost of your roof replacement will be factored by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be hard if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to figure out the measurements of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services near Bryant Pond, ME
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management platform that helps you hire roofing repair and roofing replacement professionals in Bryant Pond, ME. See what other customers have to say, communicate directly with the roofing repair contractor you’re interested in, get a quote, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is always required so that their property stays in a favorable condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing repair or roofing replacement professional, but listed below are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar or roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are cracked, curled, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs attention. A roof inspection will identify damaged shingles and provide quality repairs to avoid leaks from causing more damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a convenient solution to find the best professionals to address your roofing needs. No matter if you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is made easier through our platform.