Find a roofer in Brunswick, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
What is a good time for scheduling a roof inspection?
Most roofers advise getting twice-yearly inspections for your roof since regular inspections have been proven to increase the longevity of your roof. Another thing to consider is, by not having a roofing inspection done, any warranty you have could be waived.
How much does a roofing professional charge for replacement?
It’s challenging to narrow down how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are a few factors that will influence the overall cost. Mostly, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the products being used. The price of your roof replacement will be calculated by the products you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be challenging if your roof is more complex because you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
What is the approximate cost for repairing a roof?
On the subject of the condition of your roof, your needs can be classified two ways: minor maintenance or major repair. A little bit of maintenance can cost about $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to handle minor stuff on their own, but if you’re unsure of how to do them or you’re worried about your safety, then you should reach out to a professional.
Major repairs call for experience and they do cost more. You can expect major roofing repairs to be in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
When is the perfect season to get your roof serviced?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year for any type of roofing service. But because it is a popular time for roofing services, it can be difficult to schedule time with a contractor. This is why winter could be a more convenient time for an appointment.
A lot of professionals who specialize in roofing are slow during the winter, but you could be putting up with more severe weather conditions. Summer is sort of like winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roofing services. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and somewhat unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be repaired.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors near Brunswick, Maine
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management site that helps you find roofing maintenance companies in Brunswick, Maine. See what others have to say, communicate directly with the roofing replacement contractor want to hire, book a service appointment, and pay all from one convenient app.
It's essential to have a a structure over your head that you can count on throughout any season. For a safe home with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing maintenance companies through Thumbtack.
Routine inspections can help you keep up with any damage before it gets worse and lets you extend the life of your roof. How do you know when you need a professional, roofing maintenance contractor to come out to your home? You may notice certain things to look out for, including:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofer to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a critical issue and requires to be attended to. An established roof repair contractor can fix the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance contractor will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or damaged flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles should be replaced by an expert. Routine maintenance services will help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
Hire someone who can make your roofing maintenance a streamlined and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the company you want, then it's just getting your quote and setting up an appointment to get your roof in order.