Find a roofer in Brooks, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
How do roofing contractors generally charge for labor for a replacement?
It’s difficult to narrow down how much a new roof is going to come out to since there are a few things that will determine the overall cost. Commonly, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the products used. The price of your new roof will be factored by the products you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be hard if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing expert can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to determine the measurements of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the price of your roof.
What costs are related to fixing a roof?
In relation to the condition of your roof, your needs can be sorted into two categories: major or minor repairs. Minor maintenance will range anywhere from $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to do the minor stuff on their own, but if you’re unsure of what to do or you’re concerned about keeping safe, then you should leave them to the professionals.
Major repairs do require the attention of a professional and they do cost more. You can anticipate your major roof repairs being in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
What should I expect to pay per square foot for a roofing contractor's services?
Roofing services can cost about $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the materials being used and the labor. Of course, the cost per square foot will differ depending on what materials are being used for the job.
What's the timeframe to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofing contractor is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things to think about. The average residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofer can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you need to take into account is the weather forecast in Brooks, Maine. Storms will make working conditions terrible and this is going to delay the project. If bad weather is supposed to take place during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The layout of your roof is an important thing that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roofing contractor can come up with the hours for the job.
Roofing Maintenance Services in Brooks, Maine
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing maintenance services easy in Brooks, Maine. Our streamlined platform gives you all the convenience you need, so you can search through dozens of profiles and come up with some options. We help with the hiring process by providing you access to detailed customer reviews, pricing information, experience, and more. Begin your search for a roofing maintenance contractor on the app and hire the best candidate for your project.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is necessary to keep their property in a favorable condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing repair or roofing replacement professional, but here are some other aspects to consider about your roof:
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you think your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and needs immediate attention. An established roof repair company can remediate the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters while examining your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and prevent water penetration. A roofing contractor can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles can help you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
Hire a company that can make your roofing maintenance an easy and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the contractor you want, then it's just getting your quote and booking an appointment to get your roof in order.