Find a roofer in Brooklin, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
What's the timeframe for a roofer to replace a roof?
The time that is needed for a roofing contractor to do a replacement really depends on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other factors involved. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so normally, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you should take into account is the weather report in Brooklin, ME. Storms will make working conditions awful and this will push out the timeline. If bad weather is expected to happen during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofer is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roofer can estimate a timeline for the project.
Which time is best to get a roof inspection?
Most roofing contractors recommend biannual inspections for your roof since regular inspections have been proven to make your roof last longer. Something to consider is, by not having a roofing inspection done, the warranty on your roof could be voided.
What is the standard cost charged by roofing experts for a replacement job?
It’s challenging to narrow down how much a new roof is going to cost you because there are several factors that will establish the total cost. Commonly, replacing your roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the project and the materials used. The cost of your roof replacement will be calculated by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be difficult if your roof is more intricate because you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing professional can be of assistance. They’ll be able to determine the square footage of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
What cost can be expected for roof repair services?
Concerning the condition of your roof, you're either looking at major or minor repairs. Minor maintenance can cost about $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to take care of minor stuff themselves, but if you’re not certain of what to do or you’re concerned about keeping safe, then you should contact a roofer.
Any repairs that are major call for specialized knowledge and they are going to cost more. You can expect major roofing repairs to be in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services near Brooklin, ME
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management site that helps you find roofing repair and roofing replacement companies in Brooklin, ME. See what other customers have to say, talk directly with the roofing repair contractor want to hire, schedule a service appointment, and more all from one convenient app.
It's important to have a roof you can depend on for your house throughout any season. For a secure house with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors through Thumbtack.
For the most part you'll know when you need to call in a roofing repair or roofing replacement professional, but listed below are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you know your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get repairs at once if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can cause worse issues. Professional roofing repairs will resolve the problem and avoid a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters while checking up on your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and prevent water penetration. A roofer can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs an inspection. Roofing maintenance services will identify deteriorated shingles and provide quality repairs to prevent leaks from causing further damage.
No one should deal with a run-down roof when there are so many qualified contractors ready to assist. With our easy-to-use platform, you can find quality roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Brooklin, ME. Find the perfect contractor for your house now.