Find a roofer in Brooklin, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are durable and do a great job of protecting your home in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any house.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require some attention more often than the more expensive materials. They normally have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can always purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the possibility of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential houses and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a smart idea to get regular inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire home, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
No matter what season it is, you can get a roof replacement. However, fall is the most common time of year to get roof replacement services. But because it is a great time for these services, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a professional. This means that waiting later in the year could be a better time for an appointment.
Many roofing companies have more down time during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather. Summer is sort of like winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roof replacement services. Even though the weather can still be wet and rather uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a stable roof is because it provides security for your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the protective barrier for your entire property. It blocks out severe weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, which can lead to other problems.
Your roof also does a lot for your curb appeal. Since it’s such a fundamental part of your home, a well-maintained roof illustrates a great deal of stability. If you were looking to sell, a home buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a solid, stable roof protecting it.
Finally, everyone is happy with an energy efficient home. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your house keeps a comfortable temperature.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors in Brooklin, ME
When you need roofing maintenance services in Brooklin, ME, there's a convenient way to find them. The roofing companies you'll discover on Thumbtack have the experience you need for your project. You can find someone who takes extra measures in making sure that the finest customer service is put in place and that you get complete satisfaction on your roofing project.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is always required to keep their property in a favorable condition. It’s best to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing repair or roofing replacement professional, but listed below are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and prevent water. Contact a roofing maintenance company to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a convenient solution to find the right companies for roofing maintenance services. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the job is made easier through our app.