Find a roofer in Bridgton, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
What is the most suitable time for roofing services?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year have your roof serviced. Since it is a good time for these services, it can be difficult to book time with a contractor. This means that winter could be an easier time to schedule.
A lot of roofers have more down time during the colder months, but you could be dealing with more severe weather. And summer has the same issue as winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roofing services. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and rather unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be uncovered.
What is the rate for most roofers per square foot?
Services for your roof can hover around $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the labor and materials. Needless to say, the cost per square foot will differ with the products that are being used for your roof repairs.
What's the estimated time required for building a new roof?
The time it takes for a roofer to do a replacement really depends on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also many other things involved. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you should take into consideration is the weather forecast in Bridgton, ME. Bad weather will make working conditions less than ideal and this is going to delay the project. If a storm is expected to take place during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to finish.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofer is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roofer will be able to approximate the hours for the project.
When is the best time to get my roof evaluated?
The majority of roofing professionals suggest biannual roof inspections since routine check-ups have been proven to increase the longevity of your roof. Something to think about is, by not having an evaluation done, any warranty you have could be waived.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services in Bridgton, ME
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management platform that helps you connect with roofing maintenance contractors in Bridgton, ME. See what others have to say, communicate directly with the roofing replacement contractor want to hire, get a quote, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is always required so that their property remains in good condition. It’s best to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
Are you looking for roofing maintenance services? With the exception of having leaks or other obvious concerns, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a good decision.
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofer to come inspect it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get repairs at once if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can lead to serious issues. Roofing repairs done by an expert will resolve the problem and avoid a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters while examining your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and prevent water. Contact a roofing maintenance company to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles can help you know if they need to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a convenient solution to find the right professionals for roofing maintenance services. No matter if you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is made easier through our platform.