Find a roofer in Bremen, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What's the approximate time needed for constructing a replacement roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofer really depends on the size of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors to consider. The average residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so normally, a roofer can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Storms will put a stop to work and this will push out the timeline. If this is going on during your replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roofer will be able to approximate a timeline for the project.
When should a roof inspection be done?
Many roofing contractors suggest twice-yearly inspections for your roof, and the reason why is because regular inspections are the best things to increase the longevity of your roof. Another thing to think about is, by not getting a roofing evaluation done, any warranty you have could be voided.
What is the typical rate charged by roofers for a replacement job?
It’s difficult to narrow down how much a replacement is going to come out to because there are several factors that will determine the overall cost. Generally, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials used. The cost of your roof replacement will be determined by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be hard if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing professional can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
How much should I budget for roof repair expenses?
Concerning the condition of your roof, you're either looking at minor maintenance or major repair. A little bit of maintenance can cost about $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to handle minor stuff on their own, but if you’re unsure of how to do them or you’re worried about your safety, then you should reach out to a roofing professional.
Major repairs call for the attention of a roofer and they are going to be more expensive. You can expect major roofing repairs to range from $1,500 to $7,000.
Roofing Maintenance Companies near Bremen, ME
If you need roofing maintenance services in Bremen, ME, there's no easier way to find them. The roofing experts you'll discover on our site have the skills and qualifications you need for the job at hand. You can find the right candidate who takes the effort to make sure that the finest customer service is implemented and that you get quality services on your roof replacement.
Our site also collects a wealth of information to help you before you start sifting through our database of vetted roofing companies.
Regularly, scheduled checkups can help you stay on top of any damage before it degrades any further and allows you to prolong the life of your roof. How do you know when you need professional, roofing maintenance services? You may notice certain things to look out for, including:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and requires attention at once. A roofing repair contractor can remediate the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are ripped, curled, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify damaged shingles and provide top-notch repairs to avoid leaks from causing further damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a convenient solution to find the right companies for roofing maintenance services. No matter if you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the process is made easier through our platform.