Find a roofer in Bradford, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What is the correct time to schedule an inspection for my roof?
Many roofers recommend biannual roof inspections, and the reason why is because regular inspections have been proven to make your roof last longer. Something to think about is, by not having a roofing inspection done, the warranty on your roof could be waived.
What should I expect to pay a roofing contractor for a roof replacement?
It’s hard to come up with a precise amount on how much a replacement is going to cost you because there are several things that will establish the overall cost. Typically, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the products being used. The cost of your new roof will be determined by the products you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be hard if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the measurements of your roof and give you a better estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
What should I estimate to fix my roof?
In relation to the condition of your roof, your needs can be sorted two ways: major or minor repairs. Minor maintenance can cost about $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to handle minor stuff on their own, but if you’re not certain of what to do or you’re worried about keeping safe, then you should leave those minor fixes to the professionals.
Any repairs that are major do require the attention of a professional and they do cost more. You can expect major roofing repairs to range from $1,500 to $7,000.
What season is good for a roofing project?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year have your roof serviced. But because it is a common time for these services, it can be difficult to schedule time with a contractor. This is why winter could be a better time to call a contractor.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing are slow during the colder months, but you could be dealing with more severe weather. Summer is kind of like winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roofing services. While there's a chance it can still be wet and partially uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be uncovered.
Roofing Maintenance Companies in Bradford, ME
Thumbtack is the perfect home management platform that helps you hire roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors in Bradford, ME. See what other customers have to say, talk directly with the roofing replacement company want to hire, get an estimate, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Our app also collects useful data to help you before you start sifting through our database of vetted roofing companies.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to reach out to a roofing replacement or roofing repair contractor, but here are some other things to take into account:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can warp or bend under pressure.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters in addition to checking up on your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are ripped, curled, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs attention. A roof inspection will identify deteriorated shingles and provide quality repairs to prevent leaks from causing more damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you a hassle-free solution to hire the right companies for roofing repair and roofing replacement services. Whether you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the job is made easier with our platform.