Find a roofer in Bowdoinham, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are durable and do a fantastic job of protecting your property while being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any home.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They normally have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to get top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the likelihood of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential spaces and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. If the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a good choice to get routine inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for your entire property, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year to get roof replacement services. But because it is a great time for these services, it can be a challenge to book time with a professional. This is why waiting later in the year could be a better time for services.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing are slow during the winter, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather conditions. And summer is similar to winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a bad time for roof replacements. While there's a chance it can still be wet and rather uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a quality roof is because it protects your property, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the protective barrier for the rest of your house. It blocks out harsh weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in poor condition, you could experience leaks in your home, which can cause other issues.
Your roof also does a lot for your property value. Since it’s such a fundamental component of your property, a roof in good condition demonstrates a great deal of stability. If you were to sell, a home buyer would be much more excited about your property if it has a solid, stable roof protecting it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient house makes anyone happy. It means your energy bills are lower and that your house keeps a comfortable temperature.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors in Bowdoinham, Maine
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement site that helps you find roofing replacement and roofing repair professionals in Bowdoinham, Maine. See what experiences other customers have had, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance contractor want to hire, schedule an appointment, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is always required to keep their property in good condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
For the most part you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing maintenance professional, but listed below are some other things to consider about your roof:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of a leaky roof. A good roofer can fix the issue right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a contractor immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can cause serious issues. Quality roofing repairs will remediate the problem and avoid replacement services.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance specialist will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and prevent water penetration. Contact a roofing maintenance contractor to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if they need to be replaced. If a patch of them are very discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
Hire a company that can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair a streamlined and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the right fit, then it's just getting your estimate and scheduling an appointment to get your roof in order.