Find a roofer in Blue Hill, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
What's the estimated time required for building a replacement roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofer will be based on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also many other things to think about. The average roof for a house is about 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Bad weather will make working conditions less than ideal and this is going to delay the job. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is an important thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roofing professional will be able to approximate a timeline for the project.
At which point should I think about getting a roof inspection done?
The majority of roofing contractors suggest biannual inspections for your roof, and the reason why is because regular inspections have been proven to increase the longevity of your roof. Something to think about is, by not getting a roofing inspection done, any warranty you have could be voided.
How much does a roofer charge for replacement?
It’s hard to know exactly how much a replacement is going to come out to because there are several things that will establish the overall cost. Commonly, replacing your roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the project and the materials being used. The cost of your new roof will be determined by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more intricate because you’ll have to account for various angles. Here's how a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to determine the measurements of your roof and give you a better estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
What should I estimate to fix my roof?
In the matter of the condition of your roof, your needs can be sorted into two categories: minor maintenance or major repair. Minor maintenance can fall anywhere between $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to handle minor stuff themselves, but if you’re not certain of how to do them or you’re worried about your safety, then you should reach out to a professional.
Any repairs that are major do require experience and they do cost more. You can anticipate your major roof repairs ranging between $1,500 to $7,000.
Roofing Maintenance Companies in Blue Hill, ME
Thumbtack is the perfect home management platform that helps you find roofing repair and roofing replacement professionals in Blue Hill, ME. See what experiences other customers have had, talk directly with the roofing repair company you’re interested in, schedule a service appointment, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is always required to keep their property in a favorable condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Do you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services? Apart from having leaks or other obvious issues, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a smart decision.
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of a leaky roof. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a serious problem and needs attention immediately. An established roof repair company can fix the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance contractor will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and prevent water. A roofer can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs attention. A roof inspection will identify damaged shingles and provide top-notch repairs to prevent leaks from doing more damage.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you a convenient way to find the best contractors for roofing repair and roofing replacement services. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is streamlined with our platform.