Find a roofer in Bingham, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What's the approximate time needed for building a replacement roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofer will be based on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to consider. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so normally, a roofer can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the weather forecast in Bingham, Maine. Storms will make working conditions terrible and this will extend the timeline. If bad weather is expected to take place during your replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to finish.
The layout of your roof is another thing that you should think about. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofer is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roofer will be able to come up with the hours for the job.
At which point should I consider getting a roof inspection done?
Many roofers recommend biannual inspections for your roof since regular check-ups have been proven to increase the longevity of your roof. Another thing to think about is, by not getting an evaluation done, any warranty you have could be voided.
What is the typical price for replacement services from a roofing contractor?
It’s hard to know exactly how much a replacement is going to come out to because there are several things that will determine the overall cost. Mostly, replacing your roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the products being used. The price of your new roof will be determined by the products you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be tricky if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing expert can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to determine the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the price of your roof.
What should I budget for rooftop maintenance?
On the subject of the condition of your roof, your needs can be sorted into two categories: major or minor repairs. Minor maintenance can cost about $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to take care of minor stuff themselves, but if you’re not certain of what to do or you’re concerned about your safety, then you should reach out to a roofing professional.
Major repairs call for experience and they do cost more. You can expect major roofing repairs to be in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
Roofing Maintenance Companies near Bingham, Maine
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement site that helps you connect with roofing repair and roofing replacement professionals in Bingham, Maine. See what experiences other customers have had, communicate directly with the roofing repair contractor want to hire, get a quote, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Our platform also puts together a wealth of information to help you before you start browsing through our database of qualified roofing professionals.
Do you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services? Apart from having leaks or other glaring issues, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a smart decision.
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofer to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a roofer immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can lead to serious problems. Roofing repairs done by a professional will remediate the issue and avoid replacement services.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance specialist will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Contact a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or faulty flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles should be replaced by a professional. Routine inspections will also help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you a hassle-free option to hire the right professionals to address your roofing needs. Whether you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is made easier through our app.