Find a roofer in Bar Harbor, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What should I expect to pay a roofing contractor for a roof replacement?
It’s hard to narrow down how much a replacement is going to come out to since there are several things that will influence the total cost. Typically, replacing your roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the materials being used. The price of your new roof will be factored by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be challenging if your roof is more intricate since you’ll have to factor in various angles. Here's how a roofing specialist can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the price of your roof.
What should I estimate to fix my roof?
On the subject of the condition of your roof, you're either looking at major or minor repairs. Minor maintenance can cost about $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to take care of minor stuff on their own, but if you’re not certain of how to do them or you’re worried about keeping safe, then you should contact a roofer.
Any repairs that are major call for specialized knowledge and they do cost more. You can anticipate your major roof repairs ranging between $1,500 to $7,000.
What do most roofing professionals charge per square foot?
Roofing services can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the labor and materials. Needless to say, the overall cost will vary with the products that are being used for your project.
What is the normal duration to replace a roof?
The time it takes for a roofing contractor to do a replacement is dependent on the size of your roof, but there are also many other things involved. The typical residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in Bar Harbor, ME. Poor weather will put a halt on work and this can really stall the job. If bad weather is expected to happen during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to complete.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should think about. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roofing professional will be able to estimate the hours for the job.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies in Bar Harbor, ME
You can look to Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Bar Harbor, ME. Our streamlined app gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can look through dozens of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We help with the hiring process by giving you access to in-depth customer reviews, pricing, years in business, and more. Start your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement company on the app and hire the best candidate for the job.
It's crucial to have a a structure over your head that you can count on at any time during the year. For a safe home with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing repair and roofing replacement companies through Thumbtack.
For the most part you'll know when you need to reach out to a roofing replacement or roofing repair professional, but listed below are some other aspects to consider about your roof:
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get immediate repairs if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can cause worse problems. Professional roofing repairs will resolve the issue and avoid a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or broken flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
No one should put up with a run-down roof when there are so many professional contractors ready to help. With our streamlined platform, you can get the finest roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Bar Harbor, ME. Find the perfect contractor for your house right away.