Find a roofer in Bar Harbor, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
What season is ideal for roofing services?
No matter what time of year it is, you can get in touch with a roofer for roofing services. However, fall is the most common time of year have your roof serviced. But because it is a great time for roofing services, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a contractor. This is why waiting later in the year could be a more convenient time to schedule.
A lot of roofing companies are slow during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather conditions. Summer is kind of like winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with heat.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and partially uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be uncovered.
What is the typical rate roofers charge per square foot?
Services for your roof can approximately $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the roofing products being used and the labor. Of course, the overall cost will differ depending on what materials are being used for your project.
What's the approximate time required for constructing a replacement roof?
The time it takes for a roofing contractor to do a replacement really depends on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also many other things to consider. The average roof for a residence is about 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofer can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the weather forecast in your area. Storms will make working conditions less than ideal and this can really stall the job. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should think about. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roofing professional can come up with the hours for the job.
At what stage should I consider having a roof inspection conducted?
The majority of roofing professionals suggest twice-yearly inspections for your roof, and the reason why is because regular check-ups have been proven to increase the longevity of your roof. Another thing to consider is, by not having an evaluation done, any warranty you have could be voided.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies near Bar Harbor, ME
You can look to Thumbtack to make your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services easy in Bar Harbor, ME. Our user-friendly platform is easy to navigate, which means you can look through dozens of profiles and come up with some options. We facilitate the vetting process by providing you useful information to ratings, pricing information, background, and more. Start your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair company here on Thumbtack and hire the best candidate for the job.
It's essential to have a roof you can depend on for your house at any time during the year. For a safe house with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors through Thumbtack.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing repair or roofing replacement company, but listed below are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a roofer immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can lead to serious problems. Professional roofing repairs will resolve the problem and avoid replacement services.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters in addition to checking up on your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if they need to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
It's unnecessary to put up with a run-down roof when there are so many licensed roofers ready to help. With our user-friendly platform, you can get quality roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Bar Harbor, ME. Get the premium roofing services you need for your house today.