Find a roofer in Bangor, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What is the usual period of time for a roof replacement?
The amount of time that is needed for a roofing contractor to do a replacement will be based on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors involved. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so on average, a roofer can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into account is the weather report in your area. Storms will put a stop to work and this is going to postpone the project. If this is going on during your replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roofer can estimate a timeline for the project.
What is the proper occasion to request an inspection for my roof?
Many roofing professionals advise getting twice-yearly roof inspections, and the reason why is because regular inspections are the best things to make your roof last longer. Another thing to think about is, by not having a roofing inspection done, the warranty on your roof could be waived.
What is the typical cost charged by roofing professionals for a roof replacement project?
It’s challenging to pinpoint exactly how much a replacement is going to come out to since there are a few factors that will determine the overall cost. Usually, a new roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials being used. The price of your new roof will be calculated by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be difficult if your roof is more complex since you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof.
What costs are related to repairing a roof?
In the matter of the condition of your roof, your needs can be classified into two categories: major or minor repairs. A little bit of maintenance will range anywhere from $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to handle minor stuff on their own, but if you’re unsure of how to do them or you’re concerned about keeping safe, then you should leave those minor fixes to the professionals.
Any repairs that are major do require experience and they are going to cost more. You can expect major roofing repairs to be in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies near Bangor, ME
If you need roofing maintenance services in Bangor, ME, there's a convenient way to find them. The roofing contractors featured on Thumbtack have the qualifications you’re looking for. You can find someone who takes the effort to make sure that the finest customer service is provided and that you get total satisfaction on your roof replacement.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is necessary to keep their property in a favorable condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing replacement or roofing repair contractor, but listed below are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and requires to be attended to. A roofing repair company can remediate the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance specialist will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and stop water. A roofing contractor can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
Find a contractor who can make your roofing maintenance an easy and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the company you want, it’s just a matter of getting your quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roof in order.