Find a roofer in Bangor, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
What is the proper occasion to schedule a roof inspection?
Many roofing professionals recommend biannual inspections for your roof since regular inspections have been proven to make your roof last longer. Something to consider is, by not getting an evaluation done, the warranty on your roof could be waived.
At what cost will a roofer charge for a roof replacement?
It’s challenging to know exactly how much a replacement is going to cost you because there are a few factors that will establish the total cost. Typically, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials used. The cost of your roof replacement will be calculated by the materials you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be challenging if your roof is more intricate because you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
What is the rate for repairing a rooftop?
When it comes to the condition of your roof, your needs can be classified into two categories: minor maintenance or major repair. Minor maintenance can cost about $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to handle minor stuff themselves, but if you’re unsure of what to do or you’re concerned about keeping safe, then you should reach out to a roofing contractor.
Major repairs do require experience and they are going to be more expensive. You can anticipate your major roof repairs being in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
At which season should I schedule roofing services?
Even though you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year have your roof serviced. Since it is a common time for these services, it can be a challenge to book time with a contractor. This means that waiting later in the year could be a better time to call a roofer.
A lot of professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the colder months, but you could be dealing with more erratic weather conditions. And summer has the same issue as winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be dealing with the heat.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and partially unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be uncovered.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services in Bangor, ME
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing maintenance services in Bangor, ME. Our streamlined site is easy to navigate, so you can look through various profiles and come up with some options. We facilitate the hiring process by providing you access to ratings, pricing, experience, and more. Begin your search for a roofing maintenance company here on Thumbtack and hire the right professional for the job.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is needed so that their property remains in good condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
Are you looking for roofing maintenance services? With the exception of having leaks or other glaring concerns, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a smart decision.
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are a sign of a leaky roof. A good roofing contractor can make repairs right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a critical problem and requires attention at once. A roofing repair company can remediate the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters in addition to inspecting your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and stop water. Contact a roofing maintenance company to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles should be replaced by a professional. Routine inspections will also help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
Find someone who can make your roofing maintenance an easy and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the right fit, it’s just a matter of getting your quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roof in order.