Find a roofer in Augusta, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are durable and do a fantastic job of protecting your home while being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any residential property.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They normally have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can always buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential houses and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. If your roof is around this age, it’s a good idea to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
No matter what time of year it is, you can contact a professional for roof replacement services. However, fall is the most popular time of year for a roof replacement. But because it is a great time for these services, it can be difficult to book time with a professional. This means that waiting until winter could be a more convenient time for an appointment.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the winter, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather. And summer is similar to winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roof replacement services. While the weather can still be wet and rather uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a stable roof is because it provides security for your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that provides protection for the rest of your home. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in bad condition, your home could develop some leaks, and this can lead to other problems.
Your roof also contributes to your curb appeal. Because it’s such an important part of your home, a well-maintained roof demonstrates a reliable property. If you were to sell, a home buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a solid, stable roof over it.
Lastly, everyone is content with an energy efficient property. It means your utility bills are lower and that your home keeps a comfortable temperature.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies near Augusta, Maine
If you need to hire a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor in Augusta, Maine, then our platform is your best resource. The roofing companies you'll discover on Thumbtack have the qualifications you’re searching for. You can find someone who takes the effort to make sure that the best customer service is provided and that you get complete satisfaction on your roof replacement.
Our app also collects useful data to help you prior to sifting through our network of qualified roofing contractors.
Are you looking for roofing repair and roofing replacement services? Aside from leakage or other glaring concerns, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a good decision.
- Leaking: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are indicative of your roof leaking. A professional roofing contractor can fix the issue as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a critical issue and requires to be attended to. A roofing repair contractor can remediate the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters while checking up on your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or broken flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs attention. A roof inspection will identify worn-out shingles and provide quality repairs to avoid leaks from doing more damage.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with a hassle-free solution to hire the right contractors to address your roofing needs. No matter if you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is made easier with our platform.