Find a roofer in Alna, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
At which season should I schedule services with a roofer?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year have your roof serviced. Since it is a popular time for these services, it can be difficult to schedule time with a professional. This means that waiting later in the year could be a better time for services.
Many roofers have more down time during the winter, but you could have more delays because of severe weather conditions. And summer is similar to winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with heat.
Spring is also not a bad time for roofing services. While there's a chance it can still be wet and slightly unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be repaired.
What should I expect to pay per square foot for a roofing expert's services?
Services for your roof can be about $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the labor and materials. Of course, the cost factor will vary depending on what materials are being used for your project.
What's the approximate time required for constructing a replacement roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofing contractor is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to consider. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so on average, a roofer can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Poor weather will put a halt on work and this is going to postpone the project. If a storm is expected to take place during your replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to get done.
The layout of your roof is another factor that you should think about. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofer is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roofer can come up with the hours for the job.
What is the proper occasion to request a roof inspection?
The majority of roofing professionals suggest biannual roof inspections since regular inspections are the best things to increase the longevity of your roof. Another thing to think about is, by not having an evaluation done, the warranty on your roof could be waived.
Roofing Maintenance Companies near Alna, Maine
Thumbtack is the perfect home management site that helps you connect with roofing repair and roofing replacement professionals in Alna, Maine. See what other customers have to say, talk directly with the roofing maintenance contractor you’re interested in, get a quote, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Our platform also puts together a wealth of information to help you before you start sifting through our database of qualified roofing contractors.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to reach out to a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor, but listed below are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and requires immediate attention. A roofing repair contractor can remediate the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters while inspecting your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by an expert. Regular inspections will also help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you a convenient option to hire the best contractors for roofing repair and roofing replacement services. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is streamlined with our platform.