Find a roofer in Alfred, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What is a good time for roofing projects?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year have your roof serviced. Since it is a common time for these services, it can be difficult to schedule time with a professional. This is why winter could be a better time to book.
A lot of roofers have more down time during the winter, but you could have more delays because of severe weather conditions. And summer has the same issue as winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with heat.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. While the weather can still be wet and somewhat unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be uncovered.
How much is the rate for most roofers per square foot?
Services for your roof can hover around $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the labor and materials. Of course, how expensive it will be will change depending on what materials are being used for your roof repairs.
What's the estimated time needed for building a new roof?
The time it takes for a roofer to do a replacement really depends on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors involved. The typical roof for a residence is about 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofer can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into account is the projected weather in your area. Bad weather will put a damper on work and this can really stall the project. If this is going on during your replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to get done.
The layout of your roof is another factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofer is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roofing contractor can come up with a timeline for the project.
Which time is best to arrange for a roof inspection?
The majority of roofing contractors suggest twice-yearly inspections for your roof, and the reason why is because regular inspections have been proven to increase the longevity of your roof. Another thing to think about is, by not getting an evaluation done, any warranty you have could be waived.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors in Alfred, ME
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Alfred, ME. Our user-friendly app is easy to navigate, which means you can look through dozens of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We facilitate the vetting process by providing you useful information to ratings, pricing information, experience, and more. Start your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair company here on Thumbtack and hire the best professional for the job.
Our app also collects useful data to help you before you start browsing through our network of licensed roofing companies.
For the most part you'll know when you need to reach out to a roofing repair or roofing replacement professional, but listed below are some other things to consider about your roof:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are indicative of a leaky roof. A professional roofer can make repairs right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and needs to be attended to. A roofing repair company can remediate the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or damaged flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles will let you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If you notice some of them are discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a convenient option to hire the best companies for roofing replacement and roofing repair services. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the job is made easier through our app.