Find a roofer in Acton, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
Which time is best to arrange for a roof inspection?
The majority of roofers advise getting twice-yearly roof inspections, and the reason why is because regular inspections have been proven to make your roof last longer. Something to consider is, by not getting an inspection done, any warranty you have could be waived.
What is the normal rate charged by roofing professionals for a replacement project?
It’s hard to come up with an exact amount on how much a replacement is going to come out to because there are a few factors that will establish the overall cost. Generally, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the materials being used. The price of your new roof will be factored by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be tricky if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing contractor can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to figure out the measurements of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the price of your roof.
How much is a contractor's rate to maintain the roof?
On the subject of the condition of your roof, you're either looking at minor maintenance or major repair. Minor maintenance can cost about $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to handle minor stuff on their own, but if you’re unsure of how to do them or you’re concerned about your safety, then you should contact an expert.
Major repairs call for the attention of a professional and they are going to cost more. You can expect major roofing repairs to range from $1,500 to $7,000.
Which is the best time to get your roof serviced?
Despite what time of year it is, you can get roofing services. However, fall is the most popular time of year for any type of roofing service. But because it is a good time for roofing services, it can be difficult to schedule time with a contractor. This means that waiting later in the year could be a better time to book.
A lot of roofers are slow during the colder months, but you could be dealing with more severe weather conditions. Summer is kind of like winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a bad time for roofing services. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and partially uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be repaired.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors in Acton, ME
If you need roofing maintenance services in Acton, ME, then our platform is your best resource. The roofing experts featured on Thumbtack have the qualifications you’re searching for. You can find someone who takes the effort to make sure that the best customer service is implemented and that you get quality services on your roofing project.
It's important to have a roof you can rely on for your house at any time during the year. For a safe house with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing maintenance companies through Thumbtack.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor, but here are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you think your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a critical problem and requires immediate attention. An established roof repair contractor can remediate the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to let snow and rain flow through the valleys and into your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and stop water penetration. Contact a roofing repair company to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
Find a company that can make your roofing maintenance an easy process. When you’ve found the right fit, then it's just getting your estimate and scheduling an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.