Find a roofer in Acton, Maine
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a stable roof is so important is because it protects your property, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the defensive barrier for your entire house. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in bad condition, you could get leaks in your home, which can cause other issues.
Your roof also does a lot for your property value. Because it’s such a fundamental part of your property, a well-maintained roof demonstrates a great deal of stability. In a situation where you are selling, a home buyer would be much more excited about your property if it has a solid, durable roof over it.
Finally, having an energy efficient house delights anyone. It means your utility bills are lower and that your house maintains a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed to replace a roof really depends on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things to think about. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into account is the weather report in your area. Storms will make working conditions terrible and this will extend the timeline. If bad weather is supposed to take place during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement specialist will be able to come up with a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most cost-effective materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are durable and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require some attention more often than the more expensive products. They typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can always purchase higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential houses and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a good idea to get regular inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services near Acton, Maine
You can look to Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing maintenance services in Acton, Maine. Our streamlined platform is easy to navigate, which means you can look through a range of profiles and come up with some options. We facilitate the vetting process by giving you access to ratings, pricing information, background, and more. Begin your search for a roofing maintenance company on the app and find the best professional for your project.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is needed so that their property stays in a favorable condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Routine inspections can help you keep up with any damage before it gets worse and lets you extend the life of your roof. So, how do you know when you need professional, roofing maintenance services? You may notice certain signs of wear such as:
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you think your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can end up warping or are bending over time.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys and into your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and prevent water penetration. Contact a roofing maintenance company to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are cracked, curled, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. Roofing maintenance services will identify worn-out shingles and provide quality repairs to prevent leaks from causing further damage.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with an easy option to find the best companies to address your roofing needs. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the process is made easier with our app.