Find a roofer in Wittman, Maryland
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are strong and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any home.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They normally have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can also purchase higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential houses and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a smart choice to get regular inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire home, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Even though you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year for a roof replacement. But because it is a great time for these services, it can be a challenge to book time with a professional. This means that winter could be an easier time for services.
A lot of roofing companies are slow during the winter, but you could have more delays because of severe weather. Summer is kind of like winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be putting up with heat.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roof replacements. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and slightly unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a quality roof is because it protects your home, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the protective barrier for the rest of your property. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, you could have some leaks in your home, which can cause other issues.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your property value. Since it’s such a fundamental component of your home, a well-maintained roof shows a great deal of stability. If you were looking to sell, a buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a strong, steady roof protecting it.
Lastly, everyone is content with an energy efficient home. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your house keeps a comfortable temperature.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors near Wittman, Maryland
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing maintenance services easy in Wittman, Maryland. Our user-friendly platform gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can look through dozens of profiles and come up with some options. We assist in the hiring process by providing you access to ratings, pricing, experience, and more. Begin your search for a roofing maintenance company here on Thumbtack and find the best candidate for the job.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is necessary so that their property stays in a favorable condition. It’s best to stay on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Routine checkups can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and allows you to prolong the lifespan of your roof. How do you know when you need a licensed, roofing maintenance company to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain signs of wear including:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of a leaky roof. A good roofer can fix the issue right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a critical problem and requires attention immediately. An established roof repair company can remediate the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance contractor will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs an inspection. Roofing maintenance services will identify damaged shingles and provide timely repairs to avoid leaks from causing more damage.
It's unnecessary to deal with a damaged roof when there are so many professional roofers ready to assist. With our streamlined app, you can find quality roofing maintenance services in Wittman, Maryland. Get the roofing maintenance services you need for your home right away.