Find a roofer in White Plains, Maryland
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are reliable and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any residential property.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can always get top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the probability of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential homes and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a good choice to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Despite what season it is, you can contact a contractor for roof replacement services. However, fall is the most popular time of year for a roof replacement. Since it is a great time for these services, it can be a challenge to book time with a contractor. This means that waiting later in the year could be an easier time for services.
Many roofing contractors are slow during the winter, but you could be dealing with more severe weather. Summer is kind of like winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a bad time for roof replacement services. While there's a chance it can still be wet and somewhat uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a stable roof is because it protects your home, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the protective barrier for your entire home. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, which can lead to other issues.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your property value. Because it’s such an important part of your home, a roof in good condition shows a great deal of stability. If you were to sell, a home buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a solid, steady roof over it.
Finally, having an energy efficient house delights anyone. It means your energy bills are lower and that your house keeps a comfortable temperature.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near White Plains, MarylandHome // Maryland // White Plains
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors in White Plains, MD
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services more convenient in White Plains, MD. Our user-friendly platform is easy to navigate, so you can look through dozens of profiles and come up with some options. We assist in the hiring process by providing you useful information to in-depth customer reviews, pricing information, experience, and more. Begin your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement company on the app and hire the right professional for the job.
It's important to have a roof you can depend on for your house at any time during the year. For a secure house with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing repair and roofing replacement companies through Thumbtack.
Routine checkups can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and lets you prolong the life of your roof. How can you tell it's necessary to get a professional, roofing repair and roofing replacement company to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain signs of wear including:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a contractor immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can lead to serious issues. Roofing repairs done by a professional will resolve the issue and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys and into your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and stop water. Contact a roofing repair company to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs an inspection. Roofing maintenance services will identify worn-out shingles and provide top-notch repairs to avoid leaks from causing further damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you a hassle-free solution to hire the best contractors to address your roofing needs. Whether you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is made easier with our app.