Find a roofer in Westminster, Maryland
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are strong and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any house.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They normally have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can also purchase higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential properties and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If your roof is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get consistent inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire home, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
No matter what time of year it is, you can call a contractor for roof replacement services. However, fall is the most common time of year for a roof replacement. But because it is a popular time for these services, it can be difficult to schedule time with a contractor. This is why winter could be a more convenient time for an appointment.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of severe weather conditions. And summer is similar to winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a bad time for roof replacements. While there's a chance it can still be wet and slightly unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a stable roof is because it provides security for your home, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that provides protection for the rest of your home. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. So if your roof is in poor condition, you could get leaks in your home, which can lead to other issues.
Your roof also does so much for your property value. Because it’s such an important part of your home, a well-maintained roof demonstrates a great deal of stability. In a situation where you are selling, a home buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a solid, steady roof protecting it.
Lastly, everyone is content with an energy efficient property. It means your utility bills are lower and that your house maintains a comfortable temperature.
Roofing Maintenance Companies near Westminster, Maryland
Thumbtack is the perfect home management platform that helps you connect with roofing replacement and roofing repair professionals in Westminster, Maryland. See what other customers have to say, communicate directly with the roofing repair company want to hire, get an estimate, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Our site also puts together useful data to help you prior to sifting through our network of qualified roofing professionals.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing repair or roofing replacement company, but listed below are some other things to consider about your roof:
- Leaking: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are a sign of your roof leaking. A good roofer can make repairs right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys and into your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and stop water. A roofer can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by a professional. Routine maintenance services will help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you an easy solution to find the right professionals for roofing replacement and roofing repair services. No matter if you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the job is streamlined with our app.