Find a roofer in Westernport, Maryland
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
How much does a roofer charge for a roof replacement?
It’s difficult to come up with an exact amount on how much a new roof is going to cost you because there are several factors that will determine the total cost. Usually, replacing your roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials being used. The price of your roof replacement will be determined by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be challenging if your roof is more complex because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing professional can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the price of your roof.
How much should I budget for roof maintenance?
On the subject of the condition of your roof, your needs can be classified into two categories: major or minor repairs. Minor maintenance will range anywhere from $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to do the minor stuff on their own, but if you’re unsure of what to do or you’re concerned about keeping safe, then you should contact a roofer.
Major repairs do require specialized knowledge and they do cost more. You can anticipate your major roof repairs being in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
What is the normal rate per square foot that roofing contractors charge?
Roofing services can be about $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the labor and materials. Needless to say, the cost factor will differ with the products that are being used for your roof repairs.
What's the timeframe for a roofing contractor to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed for a roofing contractor to do a replacement will be based on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other factors involved. The typical residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so on average, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the weather report in your area. Storms will put a damper on work and this is going to extend the timeline. If a storm is expected to happen during your replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is an important factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roofer can come up with a timeline for the job.
Roofing Maintenance Services in Westernport, MD
You can count on Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Westernport, MD. Our streamlined app gives you all the convenience you need, so you can search through a range of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We help with the vetting process by giving you access to detailed customer reviews, pricing, background, and more. Start your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor on the app and hire the right candidate for your project.
It's important to have a roof you can count on for your house at any time during the year. For a secure home with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing replacement and roofing repair companies through Thumbtack.
For the most part you'll know when you need to call in a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor, but listed below are some other things to consider about your roof:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of a leaky roof. A good roofing contractor can fix the issue right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a critical issue and needs to be attended to. An established roof repair contractor can remediate the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or broken flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are cracked, curled, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify deteriorated shingles and provide first-rate repairs to prevent leaks from causing more damage.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you a hassle-free way to hire the right contractors to address your roofing needs. Whether you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is streamlined with our platform.