Find a roofer in Valley Lee, Maryland
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are durable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any residential property.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can always purchase higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential houses and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. If the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a good choice to get regular inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for your entire property, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year for a roof replacement. Since it is a popular time for roof replacements, it can be difficult to schedule time with a professional. This means that waiting later in the year could be an easier time to call a contractor.
A lot of roofing contractors are slow during the winter, but you could have more delays because of severe weather. Summer is sort of like winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roof replacements. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and partially uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it provides security for your property, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the defensive barrier for the rest of your house. It defends against severe weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in poor condition, your home could develop some leaks, and this can cause other issues.
Your roof also contributes to your property value. Because it’s such an essential component of your property, a roof in good condition illustrates a reliable property. If you were looking to sell, a buyer would be thrilled about your property if it has a strong, steady roof over it.
Lastly, everyone is happy with an energy efficient house. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your house keeps a comfortable temperature.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors near Valley Lee, MD
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management site that helps you hire roofing replacement and roofing repair professionals in Valley Lee, MD. See what experiences other people have had, talk directly with the roofing replacement contractor you’re interested in, book an appointment, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is always required so that their property stays in good condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
Routine appointments can help you keep up with any damage before it gets worse and allows you to prolong the life of your roof. How can you tell it's necessary to get a professional, roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, including:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a critical issue and requires immediate attention. A roofing repair contractor can fix the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or damaged flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by a professional. Routine repair services will help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
Find a company that can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair an easy process. When you’ve found the contractor you want, then it's just getting your quote and booking an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.