Find a roofer in Upper Marlboro, Maryland
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Repair & Replacement Professionals nearRoof Repair and Maintenance // Maryland // Upper Marlboro
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
What's the timeframe for a roofer to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofing contractor really depends on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other things involved. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Storms will put a stop to work and this is going to stall the job. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to get done.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofer is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roofing specialist can estimate a timeline for the job.
Which time is best to arrange for a roof inspection?
Most roofing contractors recommend twice-yearly roof inspections since regular check-ups have been proven to make your roof last longer. Something to consider is, by not getting an evaluation done, the warranty on your roof could be waived.
How much will a roofer charge for a roof replacement?
It’s hard to come up with an exact amount on how much a replacement is going to cost you because there are a few things that will establish the total cost. Usually, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the materials used. The price of your roof replacement will be factored by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to account for various angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to determine the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
What costs are related to fixing a roof?
In relation to the condition of your roof, you're either looking at minor maintenance or major repair. A little bit of maintenance can fall anywhere between $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to do the minor stuff on their own, but if you’re unsure of what to do or you’re worried about your safety, then you should contact an expert.
Any repairs that are major call for experience and they do cost more. You can anticipate your major roof repairs ranging between $1,500 to $7,000.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services in Upper Marlboro, MD
You can look to Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Upper Marlboro, MD. Our streamlined app is easy to navigate, so you can search through dozens of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We assist in the hiring process by giving you access to detailed customer reviews, pricing information, background, and more. Begin your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor on the app and find the right professional for your project.
Our app also compiles useful data to help you before you start browsing through our network of qualified roofing contractors.
Are you looking for roofing repair and roofing replacement services? With the exception of leakage or other obvious issues, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a wise choice.
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you know your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a roofer immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can cause worse issues. Quality roofing repairs will remediate the issue and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters in addition to examining your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Contact a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or faulty flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are cracked, curled, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs to be looked at. Roofing maintenance services will identify worn-out shingles and provide top-notch repairs to prevent leaks from doing more damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you a convenient option to find the right contractors to address your roofing needs. Whether you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the job is made easier through our app.