Find a roofer in Towson, Maryland
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Towson, MarylandRoofing // Maryland // Towson
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What's the estimated time required for building a new roof?
The time that is needed for a roofer to do a replacement is dependent on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to consider. The typical roof for a residence is around 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so normally, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in Towson, Maryland. Storms will make working conditions unpleasant and this is going to stall the job. If bad weather is supposed to take place during your replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofer is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roofer will be able to estimate a timeline for the job.
At what time should I consider having a roof inspection done?
Most roofing professionals advise getting biannual roof inspections since routine inspections are the best things to make your roof last longer. Another thing to consider is, by not having an evaluation done, the warranty on your roof could be voided.
At what cost will a roofer charge for replacement?
It’s difficult to narrow down how much a new roof is going to cost you because there are several factors that will determine the total cost. Mostly, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the materials used. The price of your new roof will be calculated by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be difficult if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to account for various angles. This is where a roofing expert can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to determine the square footage of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the price of your roof.
What are the usual costs associated with fixing a roof?
In the matter of the condition of your roof, you're either looking at minor maintenance or major repair. Minor maintenance will range anywhere from $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to take care of minor stuff on their own, but if you’re not certain of what to do or you’re concerned about keeping safe, then you should contact a roofer.
Any repairs that are major call for specialized knowledge and they do cost more. You can expect major roofing repairs to range from $1,500 to $7,000.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors near Towson, Maryland
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Towson, Maryland. Our user-friendly app is easy to navigate, which means you can search through dozens of profiles and come up with some options. We facilitate the hiring process by giving you access to in-depth customer reviews, pricing information, years in business, and more. Start your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor here on Thumbtack and find the best candidate for your project.
Our app also compiles useful data to help you prior to sifting through our network of vetted roofing companies.
Do you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services? Apart from having leaks or other glaring concerns, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a wise decision.
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofer to come inspect it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a roofer immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can lead to serious issues. Quality roofing repairs will remediate the issue and avoid replacement services.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance specialist will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or faulty flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are ripped, curled, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs attention. A roof inspection will identify worn-out shingles and provide top-notch repairs to avoid leaks from causing further damage.
Find a company that can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement a streamlined process. When you’ve found the contractor you want, then it's just getting your quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roof in order.