Find a roofer in Taneytown, Maryland
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
What is the typical price charged by roofers for a roof replacement job?
It’s difficult to narrow down how much a replacement is going to cost you because there are a few things that will establish the overall cost. Commonly, replacing your roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the job and the materials being used. The cost of your roof replacement will be calculated by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be hard if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the measurements of your roof and give you a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
What should I budget to fix my roof?
In the matter of the condition of your roof, your needs can be sorted two ways: minor maintenance or major repair. A little bit of maintenance can cost about $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to do the minor stuff themselves, but if you’re not certain of how to do them or you’re worried about keeping safe, then you should contact an expert.
Any repairs that are major call for the attention of a roofer and they are going to be more expensive. You can expect major roofing repairs to range from $1,500 to $7,000.
What should I expect to pay per square foot for a roofing contractor's services?
Roofing services can approximately $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the materials being used and the labor. Needless to say, the overall cost will change with the products that are being used for your roof repairs.
How long does it typically take for a roofing contractor to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofing contractor will be based on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other things to think about. The average roof for a residential property is about 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you should take into account is the projected weather in your area. Storms will make working conditions less than ideal and this is going to extend the timeline. If this is going on during your replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roofer can estimate the hours for the job.
Roofing Maintenance Services near Taneytown, MD
If you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Taneytown, MD, there's a convenient way to find them. The roofing companies you'll discover on Thumbtack have the experience you’re looking for. You can find the right candidate who takes extra measures in making sure that the finest customer service is put in place and that you get quality services on your roof replacement.
Our app also puts together a wealth of information to help you prior to browsing through our network of licensed roofing professionals.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing repair or roofing replacement professional, but here are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you think your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get immediate repairs if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can cause worse problems. Quality roofing repairs will remediate the problem and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys and into your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or damaged flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
Find a company that can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair an easy process. Once you’ve found the right candidate, it’s just a matter of requesting a quote and setting up an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.