Find a roofer in Taneytown, Maryland
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most cost-effective solution for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are strong and do a great job of protecting your home in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
However, asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can always purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential houses and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. When the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get routine inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
While you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year to get roof replacement services. But because it is a popular time for these services, it can be a challenge to book time with a contractor. This is why winter could be a better time for an appointment.
Many roofing companies have more down time during the winter, but you could be putting up with more severe weather. And summer has the same issue as winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a bad time for roof replacement services. While the weather can still be wet and somewhat unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so important is because it protects your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that provides security for your entire house. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, and this can lead to other problems.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your curb appeal. Because it’s such an important part of your home, a roof in good condition shows a great deal of stability. If you were to sell, a home buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a solid, steady roof over it.
Finally, having an energy efficient home delights anyone. It means your energy bills are lower and that your home keeps a comfortable temperature.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Taneytown, MarylandHome // Maryland // Taneytown
Roofing Maintenance Companies in Taneytown, MD
You can count on Thumbtack to make your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services easy in Taneytown, MD. Our streamlined app gives you all the convenience you need, so you can look through a range of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We assist in the vetting process by giving you access to ratings, pricing, experience, and more. Start your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor here on Thumbtack and hire the right candidate for your project.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is always required to keep their property in a favorable condition. It’s best to stay on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
For the most part you'll know when you need to reach out to a roofing replacement or roofing repair company, but listed below are some other aspects to consider about your roof:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofer to come inspect it.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can warp or bend under pressure.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair contractor will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or faulty flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if they need to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a hassle-free option to hire the right companies to address your roofing needs. Whether you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the process is made easier with our app.