Find a roofer in Sparrows Point, Maryland
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a stable roof is so essential is because it provides security for your home, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the defensive barrier for your entire house. It blocks out harsh weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in poor condition, you could have some leaks in your home, and this can cause other problems.
Your roof also does a lot for your property value. Since it’s such a fundamental part of your home, a well-maintained roof demonstrates a great deal of stability. In the circumstance where you are selling, a buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a strong, durable roof protecting it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient house makes anyone happy. It means your utility bills are lower and that your house maintains a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes to replace a roof really depends on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to think about. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so usually, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you should take into account is the weather forecast in Sparrows Point, MD. Storms will make working conditions awful and this can really stall the job. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is an important factor that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor can come up with the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are durable and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They usually have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can also get top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential spaces and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. When the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a good idea to get consistent inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for your entire home, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Sparrows Point, MarylandHome // Maryland // Sparrows Point
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies in Sparrows Point, MD
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement platform that helps you connect with roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors in Sparrows Point, MD. See what other customers have to say, talk directly with the roofing replacement contractor you’re interested in, schedule a service appointment, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
It's crucial to have a roof you can rely on for your house throughout any season. For a safe house with a roof designed to last, you can find the best roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors through Thumbtack.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing repair or roofing replacement professional, but here are some other aspects to take into account:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a contractor immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can lead to serious problems. Professional roofing repairs will remediate the problem and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys and into your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or damaged flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by a professional. Regular inspections will also help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you a hassle-free way to find the best companies to address your roofing needs. Whether you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is streamlined through our app.