Find a roofer in Silver Spring, Maryland
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most cost-effective solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are durable and do a fantastic job of protecting your home while being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the likelihood of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential spaces and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a smart idea to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for the rest of your home, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Despite what season it is, you can get your roof replaced. However, fall is the most common time of year to get roof replacement services. Since it is a good time for roof replacements, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a contractor. This is why winter could be an easier time to call a contractor.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the winter, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather conditions. Summer is kind of like winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with heat.
Spring is also not a bad time for roof replacements. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and partially unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it protects your home, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the protective barrier for the rest of your house. It defends against severe weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, you could have some leaks in your home, and this can cause other problems.
Your roof also does a lot for your curb appeal. Since it’s such an important part of your home, a well-maintained roof illustrates a reliable property. If you were to sell, a home buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a strong, durable roof protecting it.
Finally, everyone is content with an energy efficient property. It means your utility bills are lower and that your house keeps a consistent temperature.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Silver Spring, MarylandHome // Maryland // Silver Spring
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors in Silver Spring, MD
When you need to hire a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor in Silver Spring, MD, then our platform is your best resource. The roofing experts you'll discover on Thumbtack have the qualifications you need for your project. You can find the best roofing contractor who takes the effort to make sure that the best customer service is put in place and that you get quality services on your roof replacement.
Our platform also puts together a wealth of information to help you before you start browsing through our network of qualified roofing professionals.
Routine appointments can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and allows you to prolong the lifespan of your roof. How can you tell it's necessary to get a licensed, roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, including:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are a sign of a leaky roof. A professional roofer can make repairs right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a roofer immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can cause worse problems. Professional roofing repairs will resolve the problem and avoid a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair specialist will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Contact a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or damaged flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs attention. Roofing maintenance services will identify worn-out shingles and provide first-rate repairs to avoid leaks from causing more damage.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with a hassle-free option to hire the right professionals for roofing repair and roofing replacement services. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the process is made easier with our app.