Find a roofer in Severn, Maryland
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Repair & Replacement Professionals nearRoof Repair and Maintenance // Maryland // Severn
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
During which season should I schedule an appointment for roofing services?
While you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year for any type of roofing service. But because it is a popular time for these services, it can be difficult to schedule time with a professional. This is why waiting later in the year could be an easier time to call a contractor.
A lot of roofing contractors are slow during the colder months, but you could be dealing with more erratic weather conditions. Summer is sort of like winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with high heat.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roofing services. While the weather can still be wet and partially unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be repaired.
What is the normal pricing per square foot for roofing services?
Roofing services can be around $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the roofing products and the labor. Of course, the overall cost will change with the products that are being used for your roof repairs.
What is the typical period of time to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofing contractor is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also many other things to consider. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so on average, a roofer can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into account is the projected weather in Severn, MD. Bad weather will put a stop to work and this is going to push out the timeline. If this is going on during your replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The layout of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofer is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roofer will be able to estimate a timeline for the job.
At which point should I think about having an inspection done for my roof?
The majority of roofers recommend biannual inspections for your roof since regular inspections have been proven to make your roof last longer. Something to think about is, by not having a roofing inspection done, the warranty on your roof could be voided.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies in Severn, MD
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement site that helps you hire roofing maintenance professionals in Severn, MD. See what other customers have to say, talk directly with the roofing repair company you’re interested in, get a quote, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is needed so that their property remains in good condition. It’s best to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to call in a roofing replacement or roofing repair professional, but here are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofer to come inspect it.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can warp or bend over time.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters in addition to checking up on your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are cracked, curled, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs attention. Roofing maintenance services will identify damaged shingles and provide top-notch repairs to prevent leaks from causing more damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you an easy way to hire the best contractors for roofing maintenance services. Whether you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the process is streamlined through our platform.