Find a roofer in Secretary, Maryland
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
At which season should I book services with a roofing expert?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year for any type of roofing service. But because it is a common time for roofing services, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a roofer. This is why waiting later in the year could be an easier time for an appointment.
Many roofing contractors have more down time during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather conditions. And summer is similar to winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be dealing with heat.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. Even though the weather can still be wet and somewhat unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be repaired.
What is the normal cost per square foot for roof maintenance services?
Services for your roof can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the materials being used and the labor. Needless to say, the overall cost will vary depending on what materials are being used for the job.
What's the estimated time required for building a replacement roof?
The amount of time it takes for a roofing contractor to do a replacement really depends on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things involved. The typical residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you need to take into account is the weather forecast in your area. Poor weather will put a damper on work and this can really delay the job. If bad weather is expected to happen during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roofer will be able to come up with a timeline for the project.
What is a good time for booking a roof inspection?
The majority of roofers suggest twice-yearly roof inspections since regular inspections are the best things to make your roof last longer. Another thing to consider is, by not having an inspection done, any warranty you have could be waived.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services in Secretary, Maryland
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement platform that helps you hire roofing replacement and roofing repair professionals in Secretary, Maryland. See what experiences other customers have had, talk directly with the roofing maintenance contractor you’re interested in, get an estimate, and more all from one convenient app.
Our app also collects useful data to help you before you start sifting through our network of qualified roofing companies.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing repair or roofing replacement company, but listed below are some other things to consider about your roof:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are a sign of a leaky roof. A good roofing contractor can fix the issue right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a contractor immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can lead to worse problems. Professional roofing repairs will resolve the problem and avoid replacement services.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs attention. A roof inspection will identify damaged shingles and provide first-rate repairs to avoid leaks from causing more damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you an easy solution to hire the best companies to address your roofing needs. Whether you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the job is streamlined through our platform.