Find a roofer in Royal Oak, Maryland
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes to replace a roof is dependent on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to consider. The average roof for a residential property is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so generally speaking, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the weather report in your area. Storms will make working conditions awful and this is going to extend the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to finish.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should think about. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist can approximate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are reliable and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any home.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can always buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the possibility of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential properties and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. When the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a good idea to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to know exactly how much a roof replacement is going to come out to because there are several things that will influence the overall cost. Mostly, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the materials used. The price of your roof replacement will be determined by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be hard if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing contractor can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to decipher the measurements of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the price of your roof.
Roofing Maintenance Companies in Royal Oak, MD
When you need to hire a roofing replacement or roofing repair company in Royal Oak, MD, there's no easier way to find them. The roofing experts you'll discover on Thumbtack have the qualifications you need for the job at hand. You can find someone who takes extra measures in making sure that the best customer service is put in place and that you get quality services on your roofing repairs.
It's essential to have a roof you can rely on for your house at any time during the year. For a secure home with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing replacement and roofing repair companies through Thumbtack.
Regularly, scheduled inspections can help you stay on top of any damage before it degrades any further and lets you extend the life of your roof. How can you tell it's necessary to get professional, roofing replacement and roofing repair services? You may realize there are certain signs of wear such as:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of a leaky roof. A good roofing contractor can make repairs right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters while examining your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and stop water penetration. A roofing contractor can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by a professional. Regular repair services will help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a hassle-free way to find the right professionals for roofing replacement and roofing repair services. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the job is made easier through our platform.