Find a roofer in Rocky Ridge, Maryland
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are strong and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require some attention more often than the more expensive options. They usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can always purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential properties and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. If the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year to get roof replacement services. Since it is a good time for a replacement, it can be difficult to schedule time with a contractor. This means that waiting until winter could be a better time to schedule.
A lot of roofing companies are slow during the winter, but you could have more delays because of severe weather. Summer is kind of like winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with heat.
Spring can also be good for roof replacements. While the weather can still be wet and partially uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it protects your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that provides security for the rest of your home. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in poor condition, your home could develop some leaks, and this can lead to other issues.
Your roof also contributes to your curb appeal. Because it’s such a fundamental part of your home, a roof in good condition illustrates a great deal of stability. In a situation where you are selling, a buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a strong, durable roof protecting it.
Finally, having an energy efficient house delights anyone. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your house keeps a comfortable temperature.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Rocky Ridge, MarylandHome // Maryland // Rocky Ridge
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies in Rocky Ridge, Maryland
You can count on Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing maintenance services in Rocky Ridge, Maryland. Our streamlined platform gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can search through a range of profiles and come up with some options. We assist in the vetting process by providing you access to in-depth customer reviews, pricing, years in business, and more. Begin your search for a roofing maintenance company on the app and hire the right candidate for the job.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is needed to keep their property in good condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Routine appointments can help you stay on top of any damage before it degrades any further and lets you prolong the lifespan of your roof. So, how do you know it's necessary to get roofing maintenance services? You may notice certain signs of wear such as:
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a critical problem and needs to be attended to. An established roof repair company can fix the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by a professional. Regular maintenance services will help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
Find a company that can make your roofing maintenance an easy and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the company you want, it’s just a matter of requesting a quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.