Find a roofer in Riva, Maryland
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other things to consider. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in Riva, Maryland. Storms will put a damper on work and this is going to push out the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement contractor will be able to estimate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most affordable materials for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are strong and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to get top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential homes and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. When the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a good idea to get routine inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your property, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to come up with an exact amount on how much a roof replacement is going to cost you since there are several things that will establish the total cost. Mostly, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the products being used. The cost of your new roof will be determined by the products you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing expert can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to figure out the measurements of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors near Riva, Maryland
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management site that helps you find roofing replacement and roofing repair professionals in Riva, Maryland. See what experiences other people have had, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance contractor want to hire, schedule a service appointment, and pay all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is always required so that their property stays in a favorable condition. It’s best to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to call in a roofing maintenance professional, but here are some other things to take into account:
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofer to come inspect it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and requires attention at once. An established roof repair contractor can remediate the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters in addition to examining your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
Find a company that can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair a streamlined process. Once you’ve found the right fit, then it's just requesting a estimate and scheduling an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.